Jurors considering the case of five men accused of plotting to attack soldiers at the Army's Fort Dix finished their fourth day of deliberations Saturday without reaching a verdict.
The jury, which was being sequestered, agreed to resume deliberations at 8:30 Sunday morning — an hour earlier than they have been starting.
U.S. District Judge Robert Kugler said the jury gave him a note Saturday saying that it was making progress and getting along.
Earlier in the day, the jury asked for transcripts of testimony for the first time since Wednesday, the first day of deliberations, when they also sought transcripts of some testimony.
The jury appeared to be focusing on the time when suspect Serdar Tatar told a police officer and later an FBI anti-terrorism task force member that a man had asked him for a map of Fort Dix. The man in question was Mahmoud Omar, an FBI informant.
Prosecutors have said Tatar was trying to smoke out an informant, while his defense lawyer said he was concerned about a possible attack.
The five foreign-born Muslims on trial face charges including conspiracy to kill military personnel and attempted murder.
Government prosecutors claimed the men — all of whom lived for years in the Philadelphia suburb of Cherry Hill — were armed and preparing to attack the base in spring 2007. Defense lawyers said the men were manipulated by a government informant and weren't planning anything.